EVENTS & PROGRAMS
The Board of Trustees are the pinnacle of leadership to supporting the organization’s mission, building partnerships, growing networks, fundraising, and ensuring adequate resources. The board must be organized to support strategy, growth and constant development.
The most important relationship for powerful and effective governance is that between the Board Chair and CEO. To achieve the highest level of success, both leaders must dedicate their time and expertise to work as partners for the organization and the mission they serve.
The Trustee Institute allows Board Chair and CEO teams to develop dynamic partnerships and create a focused agenda that moves both the board and organization forward. Board Chairs and CEO's will strengthen their relationship, build solutions to challenges, and bring higher levels of order and organization to the board.
Our professionally facilitated and interactive workshop will provide participants a full day to work on building stronger governance and effective strategies. Participants will also get to interact with nonprofit leaders from many different nonprofit organizations and learn from their experience and success too.
By participating in The Trustee Institute, participants will:
- Enjoy highly engaging small-group sessions with nonprofit leaders and experts from many sectors to discuss key trends and best practice in governance;
- Develop a plan of action for improving board organization, interaction, and practice;
- Engage with a network of leaders to learn from and draw upon after the workshop concludes;
- Strengthen their relationship between the CEO and Board Chair, while working collaboratively to solve organizational issues.
FULL DAY SCHEDULE
8:00 – 8:45am Registration and Check-In
8:45 – 9:15am Part One
9:15 – 10:30am Part Two
10:30 - 10:45am Break
10:45am -12:00pm Part Two Continued
12:00 – 1:00pm Lunch Break (provided)
1:00 – 3:00pm Part Three
3:00 – 3:15pm Break
3:15 – 4:30pm Part Four
4:30 – 5:00pm Moving Forward
The registration fee for The Trustee Institute is $595 ($495 early bird special) per two-member team. The registration fee includes:
- Program expenses for both the Board Chair and CEO
- Continental breakfast & lunch
- Free copy of the book Collecting Dust
- Two copies of the program workbook.
This program is available only to board chairs and CEO's of nonprofit organizations. The Trustee Institute curriculum is designed with a strong emphasis on developing the Chair-CEO relationship through private interaction and collaboration; it makes full use of the participants' time throughout the full day meeting. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.